Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Preferences

Most of the time, I can't help but ignore some people because they did/do not meet my expectations and preferences. Perhaps it's true that we all have our biases and prejudices. I suddenly recalled the song from the Tony Award winning musical Avenue Q entitled "Everyone's a little bit racist", with some lines that go like:

Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.


Ethinic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!


If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
Even though we all know
That it's wrong,
Maybe it would help us
Get along.


Everyone's a little bit racist
It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony! 


Well I guess you can't blame me if I consider certain features of a person before deciding whether I should go out with him or not. It's simply called preferences. I'm not the only person who has that - all people have these criteria in their minds. And some people can be really very choosy even if their looks suggest they shouldn't! So what the heck!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...