Thursday, June 21, 2012

How I will write a review

Since I've been fond of writing reviews lately, I realized I might as well have a clear structure on how to create my reviews so that I won't be always thinking (and hanging most of the time) of how to even start one. Well I have to confess, upon thinking about this, I immediately typed "how to write a review" on google. Haha! And the first few links that showed up were pretty helpful in giving me ideas (refer to sources at the end).

Based on my quick readings, I have decided to follow the logical structure below:

  • Introduction - genre and synopsis/storyline of the movie
  • List of criteria to judge the movie or book or whatever, and whether they meet these criteria
    • Movie/TV show:
      • Storyline - was it exciting or boring? well thought of? too complicated? predictable?
      • Acting - were characters realistic? were acting believable? consistent?
      • Look - cinematography, lighting, special effects; were they good? looks fake? effective?
      • Things worth noting - important issues and lessons
    • Book:
      • Storyline - was it exciting or boring? well thought of? too complicated? predictable?
      • Characters - were characters realistic? believable? consistent?
      • Things worth noting - important issues and lessons
  • Overall judgement/reaction
  • Score

I guess I just have to keep it that simple and let my thoughts flow into the structure as I start writing. Let's just see if my next reviews would make better sense.

Sources:
http://deamer.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/how-to-write-great-reviews/
http://suite101.com/article/how-to-write-a-review-a77379

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...